In observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, nearly a dozen city of Georgetown offices will close as well as Georgetown ISD schools.
City of Georgetown offices and facilities to close Monday, Jan. 15, include the following:
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth St.
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Economic Development, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices at 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center at 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center at 400 Serenada Drive
The Visitors Center at 103 W. Seventh St. will be remain open Jan. 15 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Normal solid waste and recycling collection will take place, even for Texas Disposal Systems customers living in Georgetown.