- UPDATED: Yolanda Ford, Chris Preston win Missouri City City Council runoff election
Yolanda Ford unseated Allen Owen on Dec. 8 to become Missouri City’s first African American and female mayor. Council member at large Position 2 incumbent Chris Preston will retain his position on the council.
- UPDATE: 2 Missouri City races heading for December runoff elections
This is a report about the runoff election to be held Dec. 8 between Allen Owen and Yolanda Ford for the Missouri City mayor race, and between Chris Preston and Susan Soto for the council member at large, Position 2 seat.
- GUIDE: 18 summer camps to choose from in Sugar Land and Missouri City
This is a list of Sugar Land/Missouri City-area summer camps for children of all ages and interests.
- BREAKING: Imperial Market groundbreaking in Sugar Land has been delayed
Imperial Market’s groundbreaking date was pushed back to late April and early May.
- New location announced for Sugar Land’s Farmers Market at Imperial
Sugar Land City Council unanimously approved shifting the Farmers Market at Imperial to temporary location.
- Here are the stores opening soon in Village at Riverstone in Sugar Land
This is a list of the retail shops set to open at the Village at Riverstone.
- Real Estate Trend: Sugar Land’s Asian population seeks multigenerational housing to maintain cultural norms
The housing trend of multigenerational housing emerges in Sugar Land among the city’s growing Asian population, according to realtors and developers.
- Kroger-anchored shopping center coming soon to Sugar Land
This impact first announced the Village at Riverstone shopping center.
- Candidate Q&A: Missouri City City Council Member Yolanda Ford, Fred G. Taylor challenge incumbent Mayor Allen Owen
This article introduced the candidates for the Missouri City mayoral race.
- Sugar Land City Council OKs rezoning of Telfair-area land for new Fluor Corporation campus
Sugar Land City Council approved during a Dec. 18 regular meeting the rezoning of 50.3 acres of land for the Fluor Corporation at University and Lexington boulevards south of the Texas Instruments campus and the Smart Financial Centre.
Year in review: Most popular 2018 stories from Sugar Land and Missouri City
Yolanda Ford and Chris Preston win the Missouri City City Council runoff election for mayor and at large Position 2, respectively.
As 2018 closes out, take a look back at the 10 most popular Community Impact Newspaper stories about Sugar Land and Missouri City.