May 27: Get your art one
Head to the park in downtown Kyle for a morning of art hosted by the parks and recreation department. Attendees will have the chance to create resin coasters with alcohol ink in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month. Registration before the event is required.
- 10 a.m.
- 101 S. Burleson St., Kyle
- 737-213-0233. www.teamsideline.com
Visit the Hays County Veterans Memorial this Memorial Day to honor those who have lost their lives in the line of duty. The San Marcos Parks and Recreation Department will host the 20th dedication where veterans and community members will recite the names of local veterans who have been killed in action since World War I.
- 10 a.m.
- 101 Riverside Drive, San Marcos
- 512-393-8400. www.bit.ly/3Anoqv5
The Samadhi Yoga Retreat will host an all-inclusive women’s retreat called “Strawberry Moon Forever” in honor of the last full moon of spring. The three-day retreat will feature daily yoga for all levels, artful journaling, sound healing and more, all led by Tiffany Asha and Kristen Ferguson.
- 1 p.m. (June 2)
- $600- $1,395 (June 2-4)
- 1830 Camino Alto, San Marcos
- 512-289-9003. www.samadhiyogaretreat.com
The Kyle Public Library will host the Daniel G. Benes Science show which is open to all ages. Daniel G. Benes regularly hosts science, technology, engineering, art and math-based shows with live demonstrations of physics, electricity and more.
- 2 p.m.
- 550 Scott St., Kyle
- 512-268-7411. www.cityofkyle.com
The San Marcos Premium Outlets will host its second-annual National Outlet Shopping Day. Retailers will offer exclusive deals at stores as well as giveaways. Shoppers who open a Simon American Express credit card will receive double points and rewards.
- 10 a.m. (June 10), 11 a.m. (June 11)
- Free (admission)
- 3939 S. I-35, San Marcos
- 512-396-2200. www.premiumoutlets.com/san-marcos
Watch as Ariel breaks free from her life under the sea and traverses onto land at Hays CISD’s summer musical, “Disney’s The Little Mermaid.” HCISD students will act, sign and work on the tech crew for five showings of the musical at the district’s Performing Arts Center.
- 7 p.m. (June 22-24), 2 p.m. (June 24-25)
- 979 Kohlers Crossing, Kyle
- 512-268-2141. www.hayscisd.net
American Vintage Society will host Jo Nattawut for a Muay Thai seminar where individuals at all skill levels can learn more about the Muay Thai discipline. Nattawut, also known as “Smokin’ Jo,” is a Muay Thai kickboxer and has won several middleweight and lightweight championships over the course of his career.
- 10 a.m.
- $120 (early bird tickets), $150 (general admission)
- 17020 S. I-35, Unit D, Buda
The city of Buda will host its third annual Juneteenth celebration, dubbed a CommUnity Celebration. Attendees are encouraged to bring two nonperishable items to help fill the Hays County Food Bank food truck. The event is family-friendly and will feature live music, food and other vendors.
- 10 a.m.
- Free (admission).
- 204 San Antonio St., Buda
- 512-523-1081. www.budaamphitheater.com
Myron Barnes and Candace Roberson Barnes will host the third annual father-daughter dance at Texas Old Town’s Sage Hall in Kyle. There will be a DJ for dancing, a photo booth, a crafts table, food and drinks.
- 4 p.m.
- Tickets start at $35 for the first father-daughter pair; $10 per additional daughter
- 1205 Roland Lane, Kyle
- 512-578-6931. www.onthreephotobooth.com