- Construction on Mays Street will soon connect Georgetown and Round Rock (Aug. 11)
Construction to build Mays Street from Teravista Parkway at Bass Pro Drive in Round Rock to the intersection of Westinghouse and Rabbit Hill roads in Georgetown was slated to begin by the end of August. Construction is expected to be completed on the project by summer 2017.
- Mesquite Creek Outfitters to open on the Square (Aug. 8)
Cody Hirt and Brad Strittmatter planned to open Mesquite Creek Outfitters, an outdoor clothing store with a craft beer and wine bar, on the Square in early October.
- H-E-B plans expansion to Williams Drive store (March 14)
On March 14, H-E-B launched a $12.5 million expansion to its Georgetown store on Williams Drive to allow for a larger variety of products and offerings.
- Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill to open in Downtown Georgetown in July 2017 (Nov. 29)
Cedar Park-based Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill is opening a Georgetown location at 212 W. Seventh St., Georgetown. The restaurant is expecting to open in July 2017.
- Sheraton Georgetown to host job fairs in June (May 18)
Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel & Conference Center sought candidates to fill more than 100 positions across all departments during four job fairs in June.
- Randalls to break ground on Georgetown location in January (Oct. 5)
Randalls plans to open a location in Georgetown at Jim Hogg Road and Williams Drive by fall 2017.
- Dining options to grow on the Square (Aug. 10)
Georgetown diners have a variety of options when it comes to finding a place to eat downtown, and by the end of 2016, Austin-based Noble Sandwich Co. will be the newest to join the list.
- Funeral arrangements set for Williamson County Commissioner Ron Morrison (Sept. 7)
Funeral arrangements for Williamson County Commissioner Ron Morrison, who died Sept. 7, were held at Round Rock Church of Christ and United Heritage Center.
- Georgetown ISD presents draft school boundary rezoning plan (Dec. 12)
The Georgetown ISD board of trustees were presented with the first draft of a rezoning plan for the 2017-18 school year during a December school board meeting.
- Pilot’s Choice Aviation (March 9)
The Pilot’s Choice Aviation has trained hundreds of people to fly and keeps a hangar full of a fleet of 12 airplanes for rent and for instruction.