Thu., May 11-Sun., May 14
Martian Arts Festival
Chapter 12, a record label, hosts Martian Arts Festival, its biggest event of the year. The two-day, three-night event includes music, arts and cinema. Tickets are $25-$55. High Road, San Marcos. Facebook page

Thu., May 11
Anti-War Resistance & "The San Marcos Ten"
In 1969, 10 Southwest Texas State University students were suspended for a year after protesting the Vietnam War on campus. Their protest kicked off a series of events that would take them all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. A panel of original members of the “San Marcos Ten” and the editor of the campus newspaper at the time will discuss the events and how they transpired. Free. 7-8 p.m. San Marcos Public Library, 625 E. Hopkins St., San Marcos. 512-393-8200. Facebook page

Sat., May 12
Family Fun Day at Spring Lake
Children and their moms and female role models are invited to a day of environmental activities and Mother’s Day crafts for all ages. Free. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, 201 San Marcos Springs Drive, San Marcos. 512-245-9200, Facebook page

Sat., May 13
Kidditch with the city of Kyle
Join Texas State Quidditch for its spring 2017 Kidditch Clinic with the city of Kyle. Children will learn how to play the Harry Potter-themed sport and take part in exhibition games throughout the day. The clinic is available to children ages 7 to 12. Each child should bring a sack lunch and a water bottle. Cleats are recommended. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. $15 per child. PVC brooms for children to decorate are available for purchase. $3 per broom, $5 total to decorate it. Gregg-Clarke Park, 1300 W. Center St., Kyle. Facebook page

Sat., May 13
Self Care & Stress Relief Using Essential Oils and Acupuncture
Join local businesswomen Kaylynn Schrandt from The Aroma Girls and Noa Lynne Davis, founder of Zoi Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, for a presentation on self-care techniques and natural stress management. Free. 2-4 p.m. Buda Public Library, 303 Main St., Buda. Facebook page