City Council okays mixed-use rezoning for RR 620 tract

Project to include residential and neighborhood services



Austin City Council approved rezoning a 25-acre tract on RR 620 at Buckner Road Oct. 23 to allow its owner to develop the parcel as a residential neighborhood and retail center.



The property, located at 11900 Buckner Road, does not have a developer assigned to the project but is slated to house 30 single-family homes and an 8,000- to 10,000-square-foot commercial neighborhood retail center, HTH Capital partner Kevin Hunter said.



The homes in the development are planned to be priced in the $400,000 range, and the development will have access on Buckner Road, which has a signalized intersection with RR 620,



he said.



The tracts are zoned to Leander ISD schools, including Vandegrift High School, Hunter said.



Plans for the parcel include developing about 60 percent of the tract, which backs up to greenbelt space, he said. The remainder—40 percent—will be set aside for a natural greenbelt, he said.



"We want to make sure the residential [development] is tied in [to the retail center] correctly," Hunter said.



Although the project is called Stokes Ranch, the name is subject to change in the development process, he said.



Mixed-Use Development



The 25-acre develpment will include both commercial and residential builds at 11900 Buckner Road, Austin. The project does not yet have a developer but will include:



  • 30 single-family homes priced in the $400,000 range and zoned to Leander ISD schools, including Vandegrift High School.

  • Between 8,000 and 10,000 square feet of commercial development.

  • About 10 acres set aside for the creation of a nature greenbelt. The other 15 acres will be developed.