Construction to temporarily block homes on Muirwood Lane in Sugar Land

Construction will take place on Muirwood lane in the Seventh Street area from Nov. 18-Feb. 20. (Courtesy Fotolia)

Residents living on Muirwood Lane in Sugar Land will experience construction on their street from Nov. 18-Feb. 20.

For two-week intervals during this time, construction will block five homeowners’ driveways and garages at a time, according to the city of Sugar Land. The city encourages residents to park on a part of the street not actively under construction.

The project is part of planned construction in the Seventh Street area to reconstruct streets, improve drainage and rehabilitate water lines.

The city asks drivers to be cautious of work crews and to expect delays throughout the area.

By Claire Shoop

Reporter, Northwest Austin

Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition and in December 2021 moved to Austin to become the reporter for the Northwest Austin edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.