Yummy Pho & Bo Ne 3 opens in Sugar Land

Yummy Pho & Bo Ne 3 opened at 350 Promenade Way, Ste. 800, Sugar Land, in the Crossing at Telfair on Oct. 27 after some permitting delays. The Vietnamese restaurant offers pho, fried rice, vermicelli bowls, short ribs and marinated filet mignon. Yummy Pho & Bo Ne also has locations in Katy and Houston. 346-309-2935. www.yummyphoandbone.com
By Claire Shoop
Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

Texas sales tax
Report: With boost in e-commerce, Texas sales tax receipts increased 4.3% in July

The loss of extra unemployment support could send numbers back down, however.

During the week of July 27-Aug. 1, Fort Bend County Health & Human Services reported 661 new coronavirus cases. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Fort Bend County reports 100th coronavirus-related death, sees hospitalizations decline July 27-Aug. 1

During the week of July 27-Aug. 1, Fort Bend County Health & Human Services reported 661 new coronavirus cases.

Six Sugar Land restaurants, including Perry's Steakhouse & Grille, are participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks 2020. (Courtesy Perry's Steakhouse & Grille)
6 Sugar Land restaurants participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks 2020 on Aug. 1-Sept. 7

Houston Restaurant Weeks—an annual, monthlong fundraiser benefiting the Houston Food Bank—began Aug. 1 and runs through Labor Day weekend.

The Texas State Teachers Association has asked the state to prohibit in-person teaching until at least Sept. 8. (Design by Shelby Savage/Community Impact Newspaper)
Texas State Teachers Association demands TEA prohibit in-person classes until Sept. 8

The statement was released after Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton earlier this week said that local districts have the sole authority to close schools due to the ongoing pandemic.

fort bend county pam
Fort Bend County discusses FY 2020-21 budget, lowering property tax rates

Commissioners Court and county staff considered the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic on both the county and its residents.

Missouri City City Council will discuss the street naming and renaming process, how to spend federal coronavirus funding and the upcoming year's budget during its Aug. 3 meetings. (Claire Shoop/Community Impact Newspaper)
Missouri City City Council to address street names, consider authorizing coronavirus response spending and more at Aug. 3 meeting

Looking to learn more about the topics Missouri City City Council will discuss during its Aug. 3 meetings? Read our preview here.

Matthew Barker commands the 147th Wing of the Texas Air National Guard  at Ellington Joint Field Reserve Base. (Screenshot of July 30 webinar)
Attack wing commander talks mission, future of Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base

The airport is for both military and public use and is located about 17 miles southeast of downtown Houston.

Service First Automotive opened a Missouri City location with added safety precautions amid the coronavirus pandemic. (Courtesy Service First Automotive)
Service First Automotive opens Aug. 3 in Missouri City after experiencing coronavirus-related delays

While the auto repair store was initially scheduled to open in mid-March, it was delayed because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

TASA leaders said in the letter that changing guidelines coming from the state are overly complicated and have only created confusion. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Texas Association of School Administrators asks state for more local control, clear guidelines in 2020-21

TASA leaders said in the letter that changing guidelines coming from the state are overly complicated and have only created confusion.