Starting Monday, May 20, and lasting through July, one lane of the I-610 West Loop northbound and southbound between Westpark Drive and Bissonnet St., will close as construction continues on the yearslong interchange project, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
This closure will make way for a new connector ramp to Hwy. 59/I-69 southbound and installation of new overhead sign bridges.
To prepare for this longterm closure, three additional I-610 ramps and lanes are affected this weekend:
- I-610 northbound and southbound from Bissonnet Street to Richmond Avenue will have two alternate lanes closed until 5 a.m. Monday.
- The northbound and southbound connector ramps to I-69 south are closed until 5 a.m. Monday.
- The ramp from Westheimer Road to I-610 south is closed until 5 a.m. Monday.
From I-69/Hwy. 59, the following ramps and lanes are also affected:
- The Chimney Rock entrance ramp is closed overnight until 5 a.m. Sunday.
- The northbound connector ramps to I-610 are closed overnight until 5 a.m. Sunday.
- The southbound ramp to I-610 south is closed daily until 3 p.m. Monday.