Trustee positions 1, 2, 3 and 4 are up for re-election. Tom Jackson, Julie Hinaman, Gilbert Sarabia and Debbie Blackshear hold those seats, respectively, and could choose to run again.
Jackson has served on the board since 2011; Blackshear was first elected in 2015; and both Sarabia and Hinaman have served since 2019.
According to the Texas Election Code, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to file:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 18 years old by the first day of the term
- Must not have been deemed mentally incapacitated by a final judgment of a court
- Must not have been convicted of a felony from which they have not been pardoned
- Must have lived in Texas for at least a full year and in the school district for at least six months
- Must be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected
For more information, call 281-517-6367 or visit www.cfisd.net.