1. State Farm hiring 1,500 new employees, including at regional hub in Richardson
State Farm Insurance announced plans May 11 to hire more than 1,500 claims employees, with many of those positions to be based at the company's regional hub in the CityLine development in Richardson.
2. Eligible Richardson residents can register for COVID-19 vaccinations in Dallas, Collin counties
Dallas and Collin counties have each created vaccine registration processes for residents who are at higher risk of complications from the coronavirus.
3. Ten candidates vying for seats on the Richardson ISD board of trustees
Ahead of the May election, seven candidates filed for the At-Large Place 7 position that was held by outgoing trustee Kim Caston, while three candidates filed for the Single-Member District 1 seat that was held by Jean Bono.
4. Richardson ISD board President Karen Clardy turns in resignation letter, effective immediately
Richardson ISD board President Karen Clardy resigned from her position Sept. 24 in a letter to the other trustees and Superintendent Jeannie Stone.
5. Shamsul, Frederick head to runoff for Richardson City Council Place 6; Corcoran wins Place 4 seat
Election day results from May 1 showed Arefin Shamsul and Marilyn Frederick headed for a runoff for the Richardson City Council Place 6 seat while Joe Corcoran defeated incumbent Kyle Kepner for the Place 4 position. Shamsul later won the runoff.