Inaugural Frisco College Baseball Classic coming in 2017

0

The Frisco RoughRiders and Frisco-based Peak Sports MGMT have teamed up to launch the Frisco College Baseball Classic at Dr Pepper Stadium.

March 3-5 next year, four major college baseball teams—the University of Arkansas Razorbacks, the University of Arizona Wildcats, the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers and Oklahoma State University Cowboys—will be pitted against each other in a round robin format, playing two games per day over three days.

Frisco College Baseball Classic

A ribbon cutting ceremony was held March 25 for the Frisco College Baseball Classic. (via Lindsey Juarez/Community Impact Newspaper)

A ribbon cutting ceremony for the event took place March 25 at Dr Pepper Stadium.

Ryan and Cara Holloway of Peak Sports MGMT first pitched the idea for the tournament to the Frisco Convention & Visitors Bureau. The Holloways have been working with both the CVB and the Frisco Chamber of Commerce for the past few years to get the event started.

“It is exciting to bring something like this to the Frisco area,” Ryan Holloway said in a news release. “From our understanding, there has never been anything like this in the area, and to add to it, the caliber of teams that we are bringing in will surely make this a first class event for everyone involved.”

Peak Sports MGMT have contracted with the RoughRiders to host the tournament at Dr Pepper Ballpark for three years. Texas A&M University and Baylor University will be a part of the tournament in 2018, Cara Holloway said.

For more information, visit www.friscoclassic.com.

Share this story
COMMENT

Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top