The GCISD board of trustees unanimously approved the finalist at its May 22 meeting. The position was previously known as deputy superintendent, which Superintendent Brad Schnautz held before stepping into his current role.
The chief of schools position will provide principal support while overseeing the executive director of athletics as well as the directors of career and technical education, counseling, fine arts, health services, and student services, Schnautz said in the meeting. Ray began her position immediately.
- Ray joined GCISD in April 2022 as the director of english language arts and literacy.
- Previously, she served as a middle school principal for three years in New Caney ISD and as an elementary principal for four years in Magnolia ISD.
- She has experience in the classroom with English language arts and Advanced Placement language and composition.
- Bachelor's degree in secondary English from Houston Baptist University
- Master’s degree in educational leadership from Stephen F. Austin University
- Doctorate in educational leadership from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor