Here are the details on these and other activities happening in the area.
June 17: Do something nice for dad
McCoy’s Building Supply in Liberty Hill will host its Father’s Day Hammer Painting event. At this event, children will get the opportunity to paint a hammer for their dads. Paint and hammers will be supplied.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 2505 Hwy. 1869, Liberty Hill.
- 512-778-7002. www.mccoys.com/corporate/store-events
Whitestone Brewery Liberty Hill Taproom will host its Food Truck Rally, which will feature a variety of food trucks, including Black Sheep Soul, and Van’s Damn Tasty Tacos and Ronburguesas. This event will also have live music. Following that, the taproom will host Paint Nite, during which attendees will have the opportunity to create their own canvas painting.
- Noon-6 p.m. (Food Truck Rally), 7:30 p.m. (Paint Nite).
- Free to attend (Food Truck Rally), $35 (Paint Nite).
- 15390 W. Hwy. 290, Bldgs. 2-3, Liberty Hill.
Texas Bach Festival will host “A Toast To Dads - of All Ages” as part of its 2023 concert lineup. This event features The Artisan Quartet playing music by W.A. Mozart, Hugo Wolf and Joseph Haydn. The quartet consists of violinist Patrice Calixte, violinist Stephen Redfield, violist Bruce Williams and cellist Douglas Harvey.
- Complimentary wine, cheese, fruit and desserts will be available at 3 p.m. Concert starts at 4 p.m.
- $15 (students and military), $25 (seniors), $30 (general admission).
- HighPointe Estate, 5555 CR 258, Liberty Hill.
At Leander’s first boutique hop, shoppers can visit the city’s boutiques, each offering specials, refreshments and pop-up vendors. Participating boutiques include Duvalls A Classic Children’s Boutique, Glow & Grow Salon and Boutique, Jonida’s Boutique, Poppy Avenue Boutique + Clean Beauty Bar, Southern Sugar and Brow and Amethyst Rose Boutique, and Turquoise Peacock Boutique.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Various locations throughout Leander.
- Facebook: Suns Out Boutique Shop Hop || The Boutique’s of Leander
Greater Austin Comic Con will host two full days of cosplay contests, gaming competitions, vendors, a superhero-themed car show and entertainment for children. Comic Con guests will consist of comic book creators, movie and TV stars, athletes, reputable cosplay artists, and game developers.
- 10 a.m.-7 p.m. (June 24), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (June 25).
- One-day tickets cost $15-$20 (ages 6-12), $35-$40 (age 13 and up).
- H-E-B Center, 2100 Ave. of the Stars, Cedar Park.
- 512-600-5001. www.hebcenter.com
Leander’s annual Liberty Fest at Devine Lake Park will feature live music, children’s activities, food and a fireworks display. This year’s performers are Texas country artist Madison Rodges and Austin-based band Departure ATX.
- 6-10 p.m.
- 1807 Waterfall Ave., Leander.
- 512-528-9909. www.leandertx.gov
Liberty Hill’s Independence Day Spectacular will feature watermelon seed spitting, hot dog eating and homemade apple pie contests as well as a snowball fight. Children’s activities include an obstacle course, a Velcro wall to jump on, and a trackless train. Fireworks will wrap up the evening.
- 6-10 p.m.
- Liberty Hill Middle School, 13125 Hwy. 29, Liberty Hill
In partnership with the American Red Cross, Queen of Hearts CPR will be hosting a blood drive. Each pint of blood donated can help up to three people, and the organization’s goal is to collect 50 pints. Participants are encouraged to be well hydrated and eat before donating.
- Noon-6 p.m.
- Leander VFW Post, 8760 RM 2243, Leander.
- 512-818-9601. www.queenofheartscpr.com