The event will be available for up to 300 Georgetown solid waste customers who have solid waste service through Texas Disposal Systems. Customers must contact customer care at 512-930-3640 or [email protected] to have their name placed on the list, the release said.
Acceptable items include:
- batteries, including automotive batteries;
- pool and spa chemicals;
- used oil, oil filters and transmission fluid;
- light bulbs;
- over-the-counter residential lawn and garden chemicals;
- aerosols, household cleaners and disinfectants;
- art and hobby chemicals and paint; and
- disposal of propane bottles and gasoline.
Items that will not be accepted include unmarked containers; construction, commercial or landscape waste; professional, concentrated chemicals that require a professional license to mix; medications or pharmaceuticals; oxygen tanks; electronics; tires; explosives; and radioactive and biological material.
The city is planning additional household hazardous waste collection events for the rest of the year. For more information about the city’s solid waste and recycling services, visit here.