1. May 25: Islamic Center of Brushy Creek holds its Health in Ramadan event presented by EIXSYS Healthcare System. 8:30-11:30 p.m. Free. 1950 Brushy Creek Road, Cedar Park. 512-850-4786. www.icbrushycreek.org
2. May 26: Cedar Park High School Timberwolves hold its Spring Football Jamboree which features activities for all ages. There will be a barbecue dinner, varsity spring game and more. Various times; the varsity game begins at 7:15 p.m. Dinner costs $6 for adults, $4 for children. Various locations. www.cedarparkfootball.org
3. May 27: HitMaker Music School students perform their first summer concert on the Red Oak Stage at HitMaker Music School. Attendees should bring their own lawn chairs. 8-9:30 p.m. $2. 208 S. Brushy St., Leander. 512-549-2454. www.hitmakermusicschool.com
4. May 27: Heroes Crossfit and Operation John 15:13 launch the H2ONOR CAMPAIGN to raise money to construct a water well in Eastern Uganda during the group's Murph workout of the event. This workout honors Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy who was killed in Afghanistan. The H2ONOR CAMPAIGN will be taking donations until July 4. 9:30 a.m. Heroes Crossfit, 300 Brushy Creek Road, Ste. 501, Cedar Park. 512-402-1130. www.opjohn1513.org
5. May 28: Local band Dysfunkshun Junkshun performs during an adults-only night at Beachside Billy’s water park. 7:30-11:30 p.m. $10. 16107 FM 2769, Leander. 512-619-5242. www.waterparkaustin.com
6. May 29: Leander city offices and Leander ISD will be closed in observance of Memorial Day. Cedar Park and Leander libraries will also be closed on Monday.
WORTH THE TRIP
7. May 27-28: Painters, ceramicists, welders and artists set up booths in downtown Kerrville for the Kerrville Festival of the Arts. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. Downtown Kerrville, 700-800 blocks of Water St. and the 200 block of Earl Garrett St., Kerrville. 830-895-7962. www.kvartfest.com