- Carpenter Park Recreation Center, 6701 Coit Road
- Christ United Methodist Church, 3101 Coit Road
- Collin College-Spring Creek Campus, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway
- Davis Library, 7501-B Independence Parkway
- Haggard Library, 2501 Coit Road
- Harrington Library, 1501 18th St.
- Parr Library, 6200 Windhaven Parkway
- Plano ISD Administration Center, 2700 W. 15th St.
2. Registration is open for the Plano Chamber of Commerce’s transportation update event Nov. 10 from 7:30-9 a.m. with Collin County Commissioner Duncan Webb at the chamber, 5400 Independence Parkway, Plano. Webb will present traffic projections for Collin County including what residents can expect to see pertaining to construction, growth and infrastructure. The event is free for chamber members and $5 for nonmembers. Click here to register. 972-424-7547. www.planochamber.org
3. Mexican Sugar Cocina y Cantina hosts its annual Dia de los Muertos celebration Nov. 1 from 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Located in the Shops at Legacy at 7501 Lone Star Drive, Ste. B150, the restaurant will host traditional Latin fare to complement its Day of the Dead margaritas. The mariachi band performance starts at 6 p.m. Day of the Dead margaritas; and at $6 apiece, guests will be tempted to not stop at just one. 972-943-0984. mexicansugarcocina.com
4. The Art Centre Theatre presents its annual performance of the cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. at 5220 Village Creek Drive, Plano. Tickets are $15. 214-810-3228. www.artcentretheatre.com
5. The American Heart Association hosts its second annual Collin County Heart Ball at the Hilton Granite Park Hotel, 5805 Granite Parkway, Plano. The Carnival-themed event features silent and live auctions and an evening of dining and dancing to support the AMA. Last year, the campaign raised more than $71 million nationwide to fund life-saving research and prevention programs across the country. Tickets are $250 and doors open at 6 p.m. www.heart.org