The Downtown Plano Cultural District is readying its storefronts, nearby McCall Plaza and Haggard Park for Steinfest this Saturday. The second annual event features all things German, from polka music and an artist village to dachshunds and kids crafts, such as face painting.
The Oktoberfest-style fun kicks off at 10 a.m. with a performance by the Swiss Alphorn Quartet followed by a dachshund fashion show at 11 a.m. and a stein-racing contest later that afternoon.
Here is a full lineup of Saturday's events:
- 10-11 a.m: Swiss Alphorn Quartet
- 11 a.m: Wiener dog fashion show
- Noon & 1 p.m: STV Almrausch
- 2-3 p.m: Nick Ballarini
- 3:30-4:30 p.m: Alpine Dancers Edelweiss
- 4:30 p.m: Stein racing contest
- 5-7 p.m: The Flying Balalaika Brothers
- 7 p.m: Masskrugstemmen competition
- 7:30-9:30 p.m: The Chardon Polka Band
Steinfest is free to visitors, who can browse vendor booths and enjoy the live entertainment. Guests must purchase coupons to enjoy the German-inspired cuisine and beverages. Coupons can be purchased at any of the tickets booths located at the festival entrances.
Guests can purchase a VIP package, which includes 20 food and drink coupons, a commemorative T-shirt and stein, and access to the VIP beer garden and bar.
Click here for Steinfest event and ticket information.