Middle and high school students interested in nursing, robotics, music or dance have options in the way of summer camps at Collin College this year.
Below is the schedule of the offerings sponsored by Collin College:
• June 23-25: All Girls Summer Robotics Camp – Girls will design and build their own technological creation. Open to students in seventh through 10th grade. Tue.-Thu. 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Spring Creek Campus Living Legends Conference Center, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano. $89, includes three lunches. 972-377-1501. [email protected]
• July 7-9: Summer Robotics Camp – Participants will stimulate their minds and unleash creativity. Open to students in seventh through 10th grade. $89, includes three lunches. Tue.-Thu. 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Preston Ridge Campus Conference Center, 9700 Wade Blvd., Frisco. 972-377-1501. [email protected]
• June 8-10: Nurse Camp: For students interested in getting an inside look at the nursing profession. Participants will observe demonstrations and participate in simulations Open to students in eighth through 12th grade. Free. Mon.-Wed. 9 a.m.-noon. Central Park Campus, 2200 W. University Drive, McKinney. Space is limited. 972-548-6605. [email protected]
• July 19-24: Texas All-Star Jazz Camp – The Texas All-Star Jazz Camp features daily workshops and rehearsals that culminate in nightly concerts. Camp faculty includes area jazz musicians. 13 years and older with at least one year of study on their instrument. Sun.-Fri. $265, $310 (with lunch). 972-881-5620. [email protected]
• July 9-13: Collin Summer Dance Festival – The fifth annual Collin Summer Dance Festival features workshops in modern, ballet, improvisation, contemporary, musical theatre and hip-hop. For beginners or advanced dancers, 14 years old and older. Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Room AA146, Spring Creek Campus. $125. Space is limited. Online registration available at www.collin.edu/dance/classes_summerdancefestival.html. 972-881-5830. [email protected].