1. Raising Cane's begins work on Tomball location
Published: June 26
Lousiana-based Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers broke ground on its first Tomball location June 26 at 27691 Business 249, Tomball, restaurant officials announced in a June 26 news release. The restaurant is slated to open in late October.
2. Arlan's Market to close in Magnolia
Published: July 9
Family-owned grocer Arlan's Market announced July 8 it will close its Magnolia location this summer, said Nick Arlan, vice president of Arlan's Market. The store, located at 17529 FM 1488, Magnolia, opened July 1, 2013, he said.
3. New Tomball storefront offers natural, CBD products
Published: April 22
Natural Ways CBD and More opened Feb. 23 at 23802 FM 2978, Ste. A5, Tomball.
4. Tressie's at the Yellow House expects mid-August opening in Magnolia
Published: June 17
Tressie's at the Yellow House, located at 312 Commerce St., Magnolia, will tentatively open the historic home-turned-restaurant in mid-August, said Matt Knotts, manager of restaurant operations and executive chef. Knotts and his team had to completely gut and remodel the home's interior, add a second patio deck upstairs and repaint the exterior with a brighter yellow.
5. Market Street Cafe coming soon to Old Town Tomball
Published: July 16
Co-owners Forrest and MaryEllen Edmonds and General Manager Elaine Edmonds will open Market Street Cafe at 302 Market St., Tomball, in mid-August.
6. Comix Cafe to bring pop culture hangout to Tomball
Published: April 12
Owners Darrin and Lindsay Stringfield will open Comix Cafe next month at 27620 Business 249, Ste. A-6, Tomball.
7. Captain Brad's Coastal Kitchen now open off Hwy. 249 in Tomball
Published: Jan. 28
Captain Brad's Coastal Kitchen opened at 24435 Hwy. 249, Tomball, on Jan. 28.
8. New CBD shop now open on Grant Road in Cypress
Published: July 15
CBD Cypress, located at 12930 Grant Road, Cypress, opened in late June.
9. Raising Cane's makes Tomball debut Oct. 29 with grand opening giveaways
Published: Oct. 28
Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers opens in Tomball on Oct. 29 at 27619 Business 249.
10. Mel's Country Cafe to celebrate 25th anniversary with giveaways, activities
Published: Aug. 15
After serving the Tomball community for 25 years, Mel's Country Cafe is celebrating its anniversary Aug. 16 with giveaways, a burger-eating contest and other activities.