1. Boni’s Dance & Performing Arts Studio holds ballet and tap intensive summer camps. The ballet intensive focuses on pointe, technique, conditioning and other ballet lessons. The tap intensive focuses on a capella tap, rhythm tap, turn progressions and other tap lessons. Boni’s also offers a fairytale princess camp for students whose age as of Sept. 1 will be 4-8 and a decades-themed camp for students whose age as of Sept. 1 will be 8-11. The camps will teach students games and dances.
June 6-July 30 (themes vary weekly)
$180-$350 plus $25 registration fee
9102 Forest Crossing Drive, The Woodlands
2. The new Camp Invention program aims to inspire children’s creativity and build confidence. Children will team up with friends for hands-on science, technology, engineering and math adventures. Activities include adopting a robotic fish, exploring space, and building robots and marble arcades.
Dates vary based on location
$245 and up
3. Career Exploration Camp at Lone Star College-Montgomery provides an opportunity for students to learn about careers. A schedule of times will be made available in April.
June 6-9, 13-16
Lone Star College-Montgomery,
3200 College Park Drive, The Woodlands
4. Class Act Productions is hosting two summer stock shows. Students in first-fifth grades will take part in a production of “101 Dalmatians,” which will show June 10-11. Students in sixth grade and higher will take part in a production of “The Music Man Jr.,” which will show June 24-25. There are two daily sessions at each camp.
May 31-June 10 (grades 1-5), June 13-24 (grades 6-11)
25275 Budde Road, Ste. 25, The Woodlands
5. Cordovan Art School offers instruction in video game art, theater, anime, drawing, painting, mixed media, watercolor, pottery, technology and other media. Camps are taught by professional teachers and are designed for all skill levels.
May 31-Aug. 19
Starts at $250 per week
8000 McBeth Way, Ste. 130, The Woodlands
6. Discovery School of Innovation Summer Camp offers hands-on, themed activities for children.
June 6-10, June 27-July 1, July 11-15, July 18-July 22
Christ Church United Methodist,
6363 Research Forest Drive,
7. In-Step Dance Center offers a variety of dance camps at The Woodlands studio. Camps offered include Broadway Bound for ages 7-14; Hip-hop Boot Camp for ages 7-12; Fairies, Mermaids and Mythical Creatures camp for ages 3-6; Pop Star Academy for ages 7-12; Acro-circus Adventure for ages 7-12 and 8-14; and Encanto Magic for ages 3-6.
June 13-July 29 (weekly camps vary)
449 Sawdust Road, The Woodlands
8. The Miyagi Ken International Academy camp includes varied physical activities, strategy games and teamwork. that are carried out through color stations located in the academy’s facilities. Included are indoor and outdoor games such as the Ninja Warrior obstacle course, color war, mud trap, zip-line, treasure hunt, Sumo Challenge and karate skills inspired by Japanese culture.
May 30-June 24, July 4-15
$90 daily, $290 weekly
22936 Kuykendahl Road, Spring
9. Momentum Karate and Fitness is hosting summer camp activities with up to three field trips per week to local parks, play centers, roller skating, karate classes and various other activities.
May 31-Aug. 9
$50 (daily), $205 (weekly)
2230 Buckthorne Place Ste. 130, The Woodlands
10. The Woodlands Art League is offering weekly summer camps during July. Imagine Me classes emphasize drawing and painting skills in cartooning, anime and short animations, and Around the World in Art classes include elements of art history and world cultures through art activities. The classes include drawing, painting, weaving, print making, collaging and sculpting. Topics for the weeks of July 19 and July 25 include Serengeti Safari and Amazon Rainforest. Students bring their own lunch.
Camps held weekly in July
$225-$265 (half day), $450-$475 (full day), plus materials
701 Sawdust Road, The Woodlands
11. The Woodlands Children’s Museum offers nine weeklong summer workshop sessions that feature age-appropriate activities focusing on topics such as science, culture and arts.
June 6-Aug. 4
Contact museum for pricing
4775 W. Panther Creek Drive, The Woodlands
12. The Woodlands Christian Academy presents RISE-Recharge In Summer Enrichment. TWCA faculty- and staff-led, RISE includes a mix of academic, athletic, interest-based and fine arts camps for grades pre-K-12. Course offerings include rocketry, LEGO, and strength and conditioning.
June 6-10, 13,17; July 11-15, 18-22
5800 Academy Way, The Woodlands
13. The Woodlands Township holds summer camps for children to enjoy themed days with a variety of activities, games and crafts. Camps are held at two locations in The Woodlands. Campers can be registered for one to four days or for a full week of camp.
May 31-Aug. 9 (The Recreation Center at Bear Branch), May 31-Aug. 16 (The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming)
Recreation Center at Bear Branch Park, 5310 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands and Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, The Woodlands
14. Villa Palooza summer camps at VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa include swimming, sports, crafts and field trips. Weekly themes include Beach Bash, Cooking Craze and Villa Olympics. Season passes are available. Special camps for athletics are available as well.
May 31-Aug. 12 (weekly camps)
4141 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands
15. Vitacca Vocational School for Dance offers two camps for different skill levels: Vitacca Children’s Dance Camp offers a week of dance instruction including ballet technique, and camps include ballet classes, choreography and crafts focused around a favorite, age-appropriate classical ballet. Vitacca Summer Ballet Intensive welcomes classically focused dancers with no audition required. Limited on-site registration available.
Ages 3.5-9 (dance camp), 9-19 (ballet)
May 31-June 4, July 11-15 (dance camp), June 6-10, June 13-17 (ballet)
$350-$700 (dance camp), $650-$1,250 (ballet)
9391 Grogans Mill Road, Ste. B1, The Woodlands
16. Wonders of The Woodlands Science Camp offers hands-on science classes this year such as astronomy, geology, zoology, medicine/health and chemistry with animals in every classroom, guest scientists and certified teachers. Classes are offered for special needs children and adults as well as a deaf education class.
Ages 3-fourth grade
June 27-July 1, July 11-15
The Woodlands United Methodist Church, 2200 Lake Woodlands Drive, The Woodlands
17. YMCA Summer Day Camp includes games, sports, swimming, arts and crafts, educational activities and other activities at two locations in The Woodlands. Teen Camp includes sessions in serving learning and employable skills at the Shadowbend location only.Ages 5-11, 12-15
May 31-June 3
The Woodlands Family YMCA at Branch Crossing, 8100 Ashlane Way, The Woodlands
The Woodlands Family YMCA at Shadowbend, 615 Shadowbend Place, The Woodlands
18. Paint & Bubbles Studio offers camps for children Mondays through Thursdays for morning or afternoon sessions. Camp sessions have different activities focused on building creativity, art skills and self-confidence. Camp art projects include painting, collaging, sculpting and crafting.
May 31-Aug. 4
$225 per child
31311 FM 2978, Ste. 107, Magnolia
19. In-Step Dance Center will host a variety of dance camps at the satellite studio located in the World Champions Centre. Camps include Hip-hop Boot Camp; Fairies, Mermaids and Mythical Creatures; Pop Star Academy; Princess Tea Party; and Encanto Magic.
June 20-24, July 11-13 (Hip-hop Boot Camp); June 13-16 (Fairies, Mermaids and Mythical Creatures); July 26-29 (Pop Star Academy); June 20-23, July 18-21 (Princess Tea Party); July 11-14 (Encanto Magic)
449 Sawdust Road, The Woodlands
20. Holcomb Family YMCA Summer Day Camp includes games, sports, swimming, arts and crafts, educational activities and other activities at the new Holcomb Family YMCA.
May 31-June 3
5201 Imperial Promenade, Spring
21. Kiddie Academy in Creekside is offering a summer Olympics-style camp featuring a variety of health and wellness activities and visits to other Kiddie Academies around the area. Other summer camp activities will include ceramics and a foam party, and a splash day on Fridays.
May 30-Aug. 12 (weekly)
$309 per week
8430 Creekside Forest Drive, Spring
22. Alodia Basketball Academy campers can choose from three camp options, including total player, shooting and competition as well as a full-day camp. Camps are open to incoming kindergartners through eighth-graders.
May 31-Aug. 5 (The Woodlands), Aug. 12 (Tomball)
22601 Lutheran Church Road, Tomball
8711 Creekside Green Drive, The Woodlands
23. Primrose Schools at six locations in The Woodlands and surrounding areas will host a Summer Adventure Club camp with themes including include robotics, coding, art, cooking and science.
Begins May 31
Cost varies by camp
24. Language Kids World is holding virtual camps throughout the summer. Language Kids World helps children ages 3 to 10 connect to culture through language fluency and fun with its immersion summer camps in Spanish. Programs are taught by native-speaking language educators in a play-based and innovative environment. Languages include Spanish, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Italian, English (English as a Second Language) and Sign Language. Camps are for preschool (age 3-5) and elementary school (ages 6-10) with a maximum of eight students per group.
Dates: Weekly June 6-10 through Aug. 1-5
Cost: Cost: $75/week for elementary school and $35/week for preschool