Fort Bend ISD is continuing its Grab and Go meal program this June at 17 locations throughout the district, according to a district news release.
Starting June 1, meals will be available Monday through Thursday from 7:30-9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Families can pick up extra breakfast and lunch items Thursday for Friday.
This district is closing existing meal-distribution sites at Briargate Elementary School, Burton Elementary School, First Colony Middle School, Hightower High School and Sartartia Middle School.
Meals are available for any student under the age of 18 living within Fort Bend ISD boundaries. Students do not have to be present at the distribution location; however, parents must bring a student ID, report card, attendance record or birth certificate to receive meals on behalf of their children.
Partnership with the Houston Food Bank
FBISD families can also receive food and toiletries at select campuses May 27-June 25 through the district’s partnership with the Houston Food Bank, according to a separate district news release.
Items will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from 9-11 a.m. Below is the upcoming distribution schedule:
- May 27—Dulles High School, 550 Dulles Ave., Sugar Land
- May 29—Dulles High School, 550 Dulles Ave., Sugar Land
- June 4—Willowridge High School, 16301 Chimney Rock Road, Houston
- June 11—Bush High School, 6707 FM 1464, Richmond
- June 18—Progressive High School, 1555 Independence Blvd., Missouri City
- June 25—Travis High School, 11111 Harlem Road, Richmond