Katy ISD has served about 259,685 free meals to children between March 16-April 3, according to data from the district.
It will continue to provide free meals to children 18 and younger during the temporary closure due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a April 6 press release.
However, for the week of April 6-10, KISD will not provide meals April 10 due to the Good Friday holiday, per the release.
The free meals are served in a grab-and-go style from 9-11:30 a.m. for any child age 18 and younger.
To receive a meal, children must be present in the car, or the parent or guardian must provide documentation for each child that he or she is picking up a meal for, according to a March 31 update. Documentation includes one of the following items:
- official letter, email or electronic school application
- student report card
- student ID card
- attendance records with the student's name
- birth certificate
The meals are served at the following campuses April 6-April 9:
- Bear Creek Elementary School, 4815 Hickory Downs Drive, Houston;
- Cinco Ranch High School, 23440 Cinco Ranch Blvd, Katy;
- Golbow Elementary School, 3535 Lakes of Bridgewater Drive, Katy;
- Hutsell Elementary School, 5360 Franz Road, Katy;
- Mayde Creek High School, 19202 Groeschke Road, Houston;
- Memorial Parkway Elementary School, 21603 Park Tree Lane, Katy;
- Paetow High School, 23111 Stockdick School Road, Katy;
- Schmalz Elementary School, 18605 Green Land Way, Houston;
- Sundown Elementary School, 20100 Saums Road, Katy;
- West Memorial Elementary School, 22605 Provincial Blvd., Katy;
- Williams Elementary School, 3900 S. Peek Road, Katy; and
- Tompkins High School, 4400 Falcon Landing Blvd., Katy.