Original story posted Dec. 9
Known to the Greater Houston area as the “home of throw’d rolls,” Potatoe Patch was first opened by Richard and Caroline Schaffer in 1988.
2. A $100,000 teacher salary, an extended school year incentive program: 5 education items to watch in the Texas Legislature
Original story posted Jan. 4
State legislators were tasked with making improvements to the Texas school finance system before the session began in January.
3. High-speed bullet train between Dallas and Houston could be operational by 2025, company representative says
Original story posted Jan. 17
Commuters between Dallas and Houston could have a less expensive, more convenient alternative to flying by 2025.
4. Perfect Game, a sports venue and mixed-use development, expected to add $200M yearly to Hutto’s economy
Original story posted April 19
The project is expected to pump $200 million annually into the local community. The current economic generation of Hutto today is around $30 million.
5. Texas Renaissance Festival announces 2019 dates, themes
Original story posted March 8
The Texas Renaissance Festival returned for its 45th season Oct. 5-Dec. 1 to the 55-acre festival grounds in Todd Mission.
6. Flood map: See which Houston streets have flooded the most since 2016
Original story posted Sept. 18
The 311 call logs offer one way to view flood patterns across the city, where streets can flood even during minor rain events.
7. Homeowners to pay full roof replacement deductible under new law
Original story posted Aug. 9
Under Texas House Bill 2102 approved in the most recent legislative session, roofing contractors who offer to waive a homeowner’s deductible on their property insurance policy could face jail time.
8. Hwy. 6 bridge demolition process to begin Aug. 30 in Cy-Fair with major closures planned
Original story posted Aug. 29
The bridge demolition is part of a larger project that will ultimately involve building a new flyover bridge connecting Hwy. 6 to FM 1960 over Hwy. 290.
9. Amazon 4-star store opening in Frisco
Original story posted Aug. 4
The Amazon 4-star store offers products that are top sellers, have received four or more stars, or are new and trending. Products include books, games, electronics, toys, kitchen and home goods, and more.
10. Here’s a list of nonprofits with volunteer opportunities in Central Austin
Original story posted Dec. 14, 2016
Nonprofit organizations in Central Austin allow residents to give back throughout the year.