Car service Alto expands coverage to parts of Plano, southern Frisco

0

Local ride-sharing service Alto recently expanded its coverage area into Plano and southern Frisco, serving the growing office hubs in the area.

Alex Halbardier, Alto’s chief customer officer, said Plano and Frisco have seen explosive growth in retail and office space.

“With our target market being professionals and large corporations in Dallas, many [corporate offices]are in Plano and Frisco,” she said. “We want to be where the customer is.”

Many Alto customers live or work in the northern suburbs and drive south for meetings or social gatherings, Halbardier said.

“This is a convenience and another option to be productive in traffic, to have a better ride to the airport or have a better option for going out at night,” she said.

Halbardier said Alto is different from other ride-sharing services in that the company strives for a consistent hospitality experience. Alto cars are branded Buick Enclaves, and the company hires professional drivers to be on staff.

Customers will receive a bio of their driver when they book a ride and can choose to have a certain playlist for the ride or select the “do not disturb” option for a quiet ride.

Halbardier said Alto is looking to expand to more Dallas-Fort Worth cities, such as McKinney and Southlake, in the near future.

Alto’s coverage area now includes parts of Plano and Frisco. (via Courtesy Alto)

Share this story
COMMENT

Leave A Reply

Lindsey Juarez Monsivais
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top