Two locations shown below are operating 24-7, according to a Feb. 16 news release from the city.
• Fire Station No. 3, 500 W. Lookout Drive; and
• Richardson Police Department headquarters lobby, 300 N. Greenville Ave.
The remainder are scheduled to be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.. They are located at:
• First Baptist Church, 1001 N. Central Expressway;
• First United Methodist Church, 503 N. Central Expressway;
• Methodist Richardson Medical Center, 2831 E. President George Bush Hwy.;
• Richardson Civic Center, 411 W. Arapaho Road; and
• Office building at 500 Lockwood Drive.
Those who go to the warming centers are required to follow COVID-19 safety protocols by wearing facial coverings and maintaining distance from other groups, the release said. Limited charging stations for electronic devices will be provided. The release also said people should bring their own blankets, water and snacks.
For the latest updates on the city's response to severe winter weather, visit this link.