Richardson residents will have access to an east-west rail line via Dallas Area Rapid Transit’s Cotton Belt beginning in 2022. Recently, DART’s board also approved the addition of a second track along the entirety of the line that will not only improve the wait period between rail cars but also add more than $100 million to the project’s price tag.
Two Cotton Belt stations are planned for Richardson at The University of Texas at Dallas and the CityLine development.
DART staff is planning several informational meetings over the next few weeks to update the public on the progress of the project as well as answer any questions. Presentations during the meetings will include:
- updated alignment drawings showing track configurations, plans for bridges in certain areas and station locations;
- an overview of the design-builder’s early design and construction schedule;
- a description of preconstruction equipment and processes to be used along the track;
- a general summary of project information; and
- identification of contacts for frequently asked questions and community concerns.
A meeting in Richardson will be held at 6:30 p.m. on March 28 at the Civic Center, 411 W. Arapaho Road. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit www.dart.org/cottonbelt.