With COVID-19 regulations and orders impacting multiple McKinney businesses financially, council has determined that a locally funded small-business grant program is needed to support economic development, promote business recovery and ensure the city's economic health.
If approved, the grant would be open to small businesses and nonprofit entities with a commercial business address and location in McKinney. Home-based businesses would not be eligible for the grant. Approved grants would not exceed $1,500 per business and would be used to reimburse expenses in April and May 2020, including rent, utilities and communication, such as internet and phone.
The city would allocate no more than $500,000 to the grant program if it were approved.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Provide funds for a runway rehabilitation project at the McKinney National Airport;
- Authorize a contract for Phase 5 of the expansion and renovation project for the Public Safety Building located at 2200 Taylor Burk Drive, McKinney;
- Apply for a grant not exceeding $3 million for preservation and repairs to the McKinney Performing Arts Center;
- Consider a preliminary final plat for Trinity Falls Planning Unit No. 7;
- Consider a preliminary final plat for The Danielle at Craig Ranch, a 64-lot, single-family residential development; and
- Conduct a public hearing to consider the application of the existing Kinwood Apartments to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
The public can watch council's meeting live on cable television and through the city’s website. In-person attendance is not recommended due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Those who wish to watch this meeting may watch the live broadcast on:
- Spectrum channel 16;
- AT&T U-Verse channel 99; and
- Online at http://mckinney.legistar.com.
City Council will continue to receive public comments at the beginning and end of each meeting. Speakers must complete a speaker request form and submit the form at meeting to city staff. Comments are also accepted by phone at 972-547-7501, by email and in writing, sent to the McKinney City Council address.