March 24-25 | Laugh with comedian Carter Deems
Atlanta native Carter Deems is coming to McKinney with his signature “friendly rap” and comedy. His work has been featured on MTV’s “Wild ‘n Out” and YouTube’s “Epic Rap Battles of History.”
- 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- $20 per person.
- The Comedy Arena, 305 E Virginia St., Ste. 104, McKinney.
- 214-769-0645. www.thecomedyarena.com/events/carter-deems.
The Downtown McKinney Coffee Crawl is a new event created through a collaboration of five local coffee shops, including Filtered, Habitat Plants + Coffee, TexaKona Coffee, Wattage Coffee Co., and Bresnan Bread & Pastry. Participants can try coffee and learn about the coffee-making process during a walk to all five locations.
- 8-11 a.m.
- Downtown McKinney, 111 N. Tennessee St., McKinney.
Stroll along Historic Downtown McKinney, while experts teach attendees about the women who shaped McKinney and continue to impact the city. Snacks and water are provided.
- 11 a.m.
- McKinney’s Visitor Center, 200 W. Virginia, McKinney.
- 214-544-1407. http://bit.ly/41f1jyO.
Painting with a Twist will host a Friday happy hour with a session that costs $10 less than typical pricing. Patrons follow instructions for painting a “galaxy” scene in this class.
- 5-6:30 p.m.
- $29 per person.
- Painting with a Twist-McKinney, 3201 S. Hardin Blvd., Ste. 204, McKinney.
- 972-542-1883. http://bit.ly/3kiUaNq.
April 1 | Run a 5K for a surprise medal
Get Racing and AMPT Running team up to get rid of all their shirts and medals from past races. Participants’ medals at the finish line are “You Get What You Get.”
- 8-10:30 a.m.
- $35 per person.
- 600 Lake Forest Drive, McKinney.
Children of all ages choose a piece of Easter-themed pottery to varnish at Paint & Play Eggstravaganza. Participants can pick up any pottery within two weeks of its creation.
- 9-10:30 a.m.
- $22 per child.
- Play Street Museum-McKinney, 3851 S. Stonebridge Drive, Ste. 400, McKinney.
- 469-362-8624. http://bit.ly/3Z6sCcU.
As part of the Song Dog Concert Series, artists Cleto Cordero and Zane Williams perform at the Local Yocal restaurant. The venue is located in Historic Downtown McKinney in a renovated former grocery warehouse.
- Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Local Yocal BBQ and Grill, 350 E. Louisiana St. Ste. A, McKinney. 4
- 69-225-0800. http://bit.ly/3XRD1ba.
Play Street Museum is hosting an evening of Easter-themed slime making. Kids can create a custom tub of slime to play with and take home with them.
- 6-8 p.m.
- Play Street Museum McKinney, 3851 S. Stonebridge Drive Ste. 400, McKinney.
- 469-3628624. http://bit.ly/3FsSSqB.
This pop-up Holistic Festival of Life 2-Day Market offers wellness products, resources and health workshops. Shopping while listening to live music, attendees can also take yoga classes, meditate and participate in sound healing.
- April 7 from noon-6 p.m. and April 8 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Free (admission).
- McKinney Flour Mill, 407 E. Louisiana St., McKinney.
- 469-401-4777. www.holisticfestivaloflife.com.
Chestnut Square’s annual Murder Mystery Dinner will feature a comedic drama performance inspired by the vintage Clue board game. The event is a collaboration with the McKinney Repertory Theater and offers an interactive experience held inside Chestnut Square’s historic Bevel House. Seating is limited.
- 6-9 p.m.
- $50 (dinner and show).
- Chestnut Square, 405 S. Chestnut St.
The Arts in Bloom festival is a three-day celebration of culture in the Historic Downtown district of McKinney. The festival features more than 125 artists, interactive creative activities for children, food, wine and live music.
- Times vary. Free (admission).
- Downtown McKinney, North Tennessee Street.
- 972-547-2660. www.mckinneytexas.org/687/Arts-in-Bloom (Photo courtesy city of McKinney)
Paddle in a canoe to learn about McKinney’s vegetation and wildlife. After a safety and canoeing introduction, participants spend about 40 minutes on a guided trail around the Heard wetlands, followed by free paddle time to individually explore.
- 1-4 p.m.
- $42 per person.
- Heard Museum Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 Nature Place, McKinney.
- 972-832-0670. https://bit.ly/3IIHRCr.