Read the top five stories from this past week on Community Impact Newspaper's website.
5. McKinney City Council responds to Abbott’s reopening announcement
McKinney City Council agreed to amend the city’s disaster act following an April 27 announcement from Gov. Greg Abbott allowing businesses to reopen.
4. 'We will fight': How Plano restaurants are finding ways to survive under COVID-19 restrictions
Many Plano restaurants are navigating the harsh economic environment during the ongoing coronavirus-related restrictions, and this article details the efforts of a few of them.
3. UPDATE: Stevie's Diner in Fort Worth closes after nine years in business
In a Facebook announcement April 28, staff indicated that Stevie's Diner may have plans to re-open at some point in the future, even after announcing an indefinite closure earlier that day.
2. DATA: Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Frisco ZIP codes
As of April 29, at least 141 cases of coronavirus had been confirmed across the four Frisco ZIP codes that fall in Collin and Denton counties.
1. Tracking coronavirus: Tarrant County reports third-most cases statewide
As of April 29, Tarrant County had the third-most confirmed cases of any county in the state with 2,088, behind Dallas County, with 3,240 cases, and Harris County, with 5,986 cases.
Daniel Houston, Elizabeth Uclés, Ian Pribanic, Liesbeth Powers, Miranda Jaimes contributed to this report.