Frisco real estate update: Median price of homes rises, falls in some ZIP codes.

The 75034 ZIP code saw the largest increase in the median price of homes sold year over year, according to the latest North Texas Rela Estate Information System data.
By Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.

Learn more about Sai Krishna, incumbent Brian Livingston and Sadaf Haq, the candidates for Frisco City Council, Place 6 ahead of the November general election. (Community Impact staff)
Q&A: Candidates for Frisco City Council, Place 6 discuss relevant city issues

Learn more about Sai Krishna, incumbent Brian Livingston and Sadaf Haq, the candidates for Frisco City Council, Place 6 ahead of the November general election.

The outdoor kitchen manufacturer offers barbecue grills and fire pits from its outdoor kitchen showroom. (Elizabeth Uclés/Community Impact Newspaper)
Paradise Grills opens in Frisco and more DFW news

Read the latest business and community news from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

ballot box, 2020 voter guide
November 2020 election: Here are the local, statewide candidates on the ballot for Collin County residents

This is your guide to the November 2020 ballot and important election dates to know in Collin County.

presentation at meeting
Here are 5 updates on upcoming projects in Frisco

City staff and outside contractors gave Frisco City Council updates on the PGA of America development, the new Frisco Public Library, a downtown pedestrian plaza, the new municipal court building and the performing arts center.

McKinney ISD's COVID-19 dashboard details total student and staff lab-confirmed positive cases of the virus by school and building. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
See the five most popular stories on our website in the DFW area for Sept.

Read the top stories in September on Community Impact Newspaper's website from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

The Emergency Donut Vehicle makes regular visits to local neighborhoods on behalf of Hurts Donut Co. (Courtesy Hurts Donut Co.)
Frisco's Hurts Donut Co. travels to neighborhoods and more DFW news

Read the latest Dallas-Fort Worth business and community news.

Paradise Grills now offering barbecue grills, fire pits in Frisco

The outdoor kitchen manufacturer opened along Preston Road in May.

The indoor hatchet-throwing venue allows guests to book ax-throwing sessions and private parties. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Indoor ax-throwing venue Stumpy’s Hatchet House coming to Frisco in 2021

The indoor hatchet-throwing venue allows guests to book ax-throwing sessions and private parties.

The Frisco ISD board of trustees approved its a rate of $1.3102 per $100 property valuation at the Sept. 28 special meeting. (Elizabeth Ucles/Community Impact Newspaper)
Frisco ISD approves lowest tax rate in over 20 years

The decreased tax rate will save the average Frisco ISD taxpayer around $92 this year, according to district officials.

Collin County commissioners update the county subdivision regulations during their Sept. 28 meeting. (Screenshot courtesy Collin County)
Collin County approves updates to subdivision regulations

Collin County commissioners approved updates to the existing county subdivision regulations during their Sept. 28 meeting.

Bavette Grill offers modern American fare, including menu items such as the short rib mac and cheese. (Courtesy Bavette Grill)
Bavette Grill opens in Plano and more DFW news

The menu consists of meat dishes that are slow-roasted over an open fire. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Brazilian Steakhouse coming to Plano and more DFW business and community news from September

Read business and community news from September from Community Impact Newspaper's coverage of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.