246 Thai Grab & Go bringing street food to Frisco

246 Thai Grab & Go will offer a Thai street food-style menu, including pad thai, sticky rice and kaphrao. (Courtesy 246 Thai Grab & Go)

246 Thai Grab & Go plans to open in late November or early December at 9370 Warren Parkway, Ste. 140, Frisco. The restaurant will offer a Thai street food-style menu, including pad thai, sticky rice and kaphrao. www.facebook.com/246thai
By Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.

With just three months of housing inventory available, local Frisco Realtor Meredith Held, with RE/MAX DFW Associates, said the city is a seller's market at all price points. (Liesbeth Powers/Community Impact Newspaper)
Frisco's growth remains driver for housing market

“All housing demand is driven by job growth and population growth. The Dallas [area] has enjoyed a pretty, strong job growth market for the last decade. But [now] that’s reversed,” said Matt Enzler, senior managing director for Trammell Crow Residential.

If an employee tests positive for COVID-19, establishments are encouraged, but not required, to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state guidelines. (Katherine Borey/Community Impact Newspaper)
Texas restaurants, businesses not required to disclose positive COVID-19 cases

If an employee of a business or restaurant tests positive for COVID-19, establishments are encouraged, but not required, to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state guidelines.

Effective July 9, hospitals in more than 100 counties across the state must now postpone elective surgeries unrelated to COVID-19. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
MAP: Governor expands restrictions on elective surgeries to more than 100 Texas counties

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott expanded the restrictions that initially required only hospitals in Bexar, Dallas, Harris, and Travis counties to postpone all non-medically necessary surgeries and procedures that are unrelated to COVID-19.

Frisco Police Chief David Shilson spoke at a Frisco town hall on June 15 on race relations and policing. (Courtesy city of Frisco)
'You can always get better': Frisco police chief reflects on department diversity, procedures

Over the last month, the Frisco Police Department has looked inward to improve its diversity and use of force procedures, according to the police chief.

(Cherry He/Community Impact Newspaper)
Frisco's latest monthly sales tax revenues down almost 7% year-over-year

The $6.56 million sales tax allocation for Frisco in July was based generally on purchases in May, the Texas comptroller’s office reported. In July 2019, Frisco received more than $7.05 million in sales tax revenue.

According to the Denton County Elections Office, 13,394 county residents cast ballots in the first week early voting from June 29-July 5. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
DATA: More than 13,000 Denton County residents cast ballots in first week of early voting

Although the deadlines to register to vote in this election and to apply for an absentee ballot have passed, Denton County residents can cast ballots at any early voting center through July 10.

The Frisco Chamber of Commerce will host its State of the City panel discussion online July 14. (William C. Wadsack/Community Impact Newspaper)
Frisco chamber to host State of the City, Crayola Experience reopens in Plano: Business, community news from DFW

Read the latest Community Impact Newspaper coverage of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

In compliance with Gov. Greg Abbott's July 2 executive order, the University Interscholastic League is requiring the use of facial coverings when practical to do so for all summer activity participants, among other guidelines. (Graphic by Ronald Winters/Community Impact Newspaper)
UIL releases guidelines for conducting summer activities during COVID-19 pandemic

The University Interscholastic League released udpated guidelines for schools conducting summer activities such as sports training and marching band practices on July 8.

pencils and notebook
Lewisville ISD shares plans for in-person and virtual learning for 2020-21 school year

Additional information and signups for the in-person or virtual learning option will be available to parents beginning July 15.

There were 175 active cases of COVID-19 in Frisco as of July 8, according to data from the city’s public health dashboard tracking COVID-19 cases, which is the highest number of active cases in Frisco in the last two weeks. (Community Impact staff)
Frisco reports 175 active cases of COVID-19

The average number of active cases between July 1-7 in Frisco was 156, according to city data. This case average the week before was 125 cases.

barriers on road at intersection
Frisco looking to issue debt for water, sewer, road projects

Frisco City Council approved a plan that could see the city issue $45 million in bonds for upcoming water, sewer and road projects.

Early voting is underway in Collin County. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
DATA: More than 20,000 Collin County residents cast ballots in the first week of early voting

As of July 7, 15,423 votes had been cast in person, and 5,173 mail-in ballots were received.