Frisco ranks No. 1 as Money’s best place to live

1

Money, published by Time, Inc., has ranked Frisco as No. 1 in its annual list of Best Places to Live.

The listing looks at any U.S. city with a population of more than 50,000 people and considers schools, flourishing economies, vibrant communities and low crime rates, according to Money.

The magazine states that Frisco has a “relatively low cost of living compared with its higher incomes and booming job growth.”

“Certainly the residents that live here know what a great place it is to live and enjoy all those things,” Frisco Mayor Jeff Cheney said. “To see the national attention and recognition for Frisco is really exciting. We’ve been trying to spread our message across the country, and people are certainly starting to take notice.”

This is not the first No. 1 rating Frisco has received this year. In May, U.S. Census population estimates placed Frisco as the fastest-growing city in the country.

Frisco increased its population by 8.2 percent between July 1, 2016, and July 1, 2017.

Share this story
1 comment
COMMENT
  1. “relatively low cost of living compared with its higher incomes and booming job growth.”

I would love to see their math on that one…

Leave A Reply

Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top