Bill Woodard to run for Frisco City Council

0

Bill Woodard, Frisco Planning and Zoning Commission chairman, plans to file for Frisco City Council, Place 4, the place currently held by Frisco Mayor Pro Tem John Keating.

Bill Woodard

Bill Woodard (via Courtesy JR Kenworthy)

Keating has announced his intention to run for the Texas House of Representatives District 33 seat in 2016.

Woodard said if elected, he would like to focus on continuing the vision for Frisco through the 2015 Comprehensive Plan, continuing the financial management of the city and monitoring the city’s water resources.

“I’m running for City Council because I believe in the direction that our city has taken,” he said.

Woodard has served on the commission since 2010 and has been elected the chairman three times.

“The P&Z board accepts responsibility for turning the vision of the city and its residents into reality—by establishing where and how open land will become residential, commercial and industrial development,” Woodard said in a press release. “I’ve been trained to successfully look forward for Frisco’s future, and I’m ready to bring that skill to all the city’s business.”

Woodard has also served in other civic organizations, including the City Census Committee, Charter Review Commission and the Panther Creek Homeowners Association. He graduated from the Leadership Frisco program in 2010.

Woodard has been a Frisco resident for 10 years. He earned a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas and a master’s degree in accounting from University of Texas at Dallas.

Filing for City Council takes place Jan. 20-Feb. 19. Elections take place May 7.

Share this story
COMMENT

Lindsey Juarez Monsivais
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top