South Austin coronavirus cases
According to Austin Public Health data from June 29, ZIP code 78744 in South Austin has seen the most coronavirus cases of any ZIP code in the county, with 690. Within the South Austin area, it also has the most cases per person based on population, followed by 78747. The following map shows the number of total confirmed cases in each South Austin ZIP code as well as the cases per 10,000 people in each. More data about COVID-19 cases in Travis County can be found here.
Travis County and Hays County state health rankings
The following 2020 rankings are based on data collected and compiled by CountyHealthRankings.org and the Texas Department of State Health Services. These rankings compare county health statistics with other counties in Texas, with the most healthy county in the state ranking No. 1.
Out of 244 qualifying counties, Travis County is ranked the second best based on health outcomes, with Hays County ranked ninth.
South Austin medical listings
There are three hospitals located in South Austin, while residents are located nearby six hospital facilities. A list of those facilities and offerings can be found here.
Similarly, there are 27 stand-alone emergency rooms, retail clinics and urgent cares in the Southwest Austin and Dripping Springs area. A list of facilities and where they are located can be found here.
More South Austin health care stories from June:
- South Austin senior care community learns from COVID-19 battles
- Pandemic highlights challenges of food access in the South Austin area
- Pandemic reveals Austin’s inequitable health divides along racial, economic lines
- St. David's South Austin COVID-19 patient returns home after two months hospitalized
- From academic to pandemic: UT Dell Medical School's inaugural class graduates into historic moment
- Why local physicians say Austin is 'one plane ride away' from an outbreak of vaccine-preventable diseases during the coronavirus pandemic
- Texas Children’s Hospital still eyeing South Austin for additional expansion
- Face coverings: How they work and common misconceptions
- See how many gloves, masks, gallons of sanitizer each Texas school district will receive for fall 2020