The Hays CISD board of trustees meets Monday at 5:30 p.m.
1. The board begins the meeting with an executive session related to a legal settlement and personnel discussion. The board will reconvene into regular session and discuss increasing the district’s contribution to employees’ health insurance coverage. The board will also consider approval of an agreement with YMCA of Austin for construction and joint use of a natatorium. Under the agreement, Hays CISD will contribute $5 million to construction of the project. YMCA of Austin would be responsible for all construction costs in excess of $5 million. The board meets at Lehman High School, 1700 Lehman Road, Kyle. The agenda can be viewed here.
The Hays County Commissioners Court meets Tuesday at 9 a.m.
2. Commissioners will discuss hiring Halff Associates to perform professional services related to floodplain modeling throughout Hays County. The county will consider approving a $39,500 increase to its contract with Halff Associates. If approved, the contract will be expanded to include the consideration of possible flood mitigation options within the Willow Springs Creek Basin, flood impacts from new and planned or anticipated development, and channel improvements. The court meets at the Hays County Courthouse, 111 E. San Antonio St., San Marcos. The agenda can be viewed here.
The San Marcos Planning and Zoning Commission meets Tuesday at 6 p.m.
3. The commission meets to discuss amendments to the city’s new land development code, dubbed Code SMTX. The amendments will be considered by City Council for inclusion in the final draft of the code, which is scheduled to go to City Council for a vote in September or October. The commission meets at City Hall, 630 E. Hopkins St., San Marcos. The agenda can be viewed here.
The Buda Planning and Zoning Commission meets Tuesday at 7 p.m.
4. On the agenda are items related to the Silverado Planned Unit Development, located at the corner of Cabela’s Drive and Main Street. The development currently includes the Carrington Oaks apartment complex and a hotel. Future uses within the site are primarily retail and commercial, according to city documents. The commission meets at City Hall, 121 S. Main St., Buda. The agenda can be viewed here.
The Kyle Planning and Zoning Commission meets Tuesday beginning at 6:30 p.m.
5. The commission is scheduled for two meetings. During the first regular meeting, which begins at 6:30 p.m., the commission discusses and considers action on three items, including approval of a preliminary plan for construction of Sunset Hills, a new neighborhood to be located north of Bebee Road, located about half a mile east of I-35. The neighborhood will include 210 single-family homes on 52.99 acres. During the second workshop meeting, the commission will discuss a style guide that is being created to help direct construction of one- and two-family detached structures. The style guide calls for variation in architectural styles of homes in close proximity. According to the document, “Kyle is falling into a building pattern resulting in a bedroom community, removed and detached from the emergent ‘Kyle’ brand, completely dependent on the automobile, without any particular identity or sense of place.” The agenda for the regular meeting can be viewed here. The agenda for the workshop can be viewed here.
The Hays CISD board of trustees meets Wednesday to discuss its superintendent search.
6. The board will consider approving a firm to help lead the search for the district's next superintendent. The board meets at 5 p.m. at the Hays Performing Arts Center, 979 Kohlers Crossing, Kyle. The agenda can be viewed here.