Preliminary park designs presented Dec. 8 estimate the total cost of both projects will be around $7 million, with the the larger Highland Community Park to probably be developed in phases, said James Hemenes, Pflugerville Parks and Recreation Department director. Both parks were designed using public input from a 2013 parks study and will be financed through $4 million in bond funds approved by city voters in 2014, he said.
"The public, through the undeveloped park study project, did say what they wanted so we are working off that framework," Hemenes said. "Stone Hill is almost exactly what folks asked for—we did add the splash pad. And the Highland Park is still almost all the elements [residents asked for]—we just enhanced it because it's such a large park."
Mansions at Stone Hill
- Location: Across from Stone Hill Town Center
- Size: Around 11 acres
- Designer: MWM DesignGroup
- Possible amenities include playground, splash pad, sand volleyball courts, rain garden, dog park and sports practice fields.
Highland Community Park
- Location: Off Kingston Lacy Blvd. in Highland Park and Highland Park North neighborhoods
- Designer: Studio16:19
- Size: Around 105 acres
- Possible amenities include dog park, adventure activity area, community garden with shed and tools, sports practice fields and teen area with graffiti wall and wifi.