Capital Metro on its website announced it is increasing service on Austin FC game days to serve fans more frequently looking to get in and out of the area surrounding Q2 Stadium. According to the agency, three of its bus routes will operate at an increased frequency on game days.
- The MetroRapid Route 803 line will operate at least every 8 minutes on game days, according to Capital Metro. The transit agency said the MetroRapid line will drop off in front of the stadium on game day and also stated extra MetroRapid buses will be lined up outside of the stadium when the game ends to get fans home more quickly.
- Capital Metro’s MetroBus Route 3 line, which runs from Northwest Austin to its southern terminal in Southpark Meadows, will run on its regular schedule and drop off in front of the stadium on game days.
- The MetroBus Route 383 line, which stops in front of the stadium on Burnet Road just north of McHale Court, will run at an increased frequency of every 15 minutes. This bus line has multiple stops within a mile of Q2 Stadium on Burnet Road and Braker Lane, and it connects to the North Lamar Transit Center and Pavilion Park & Ride.
- The MetroBus Route 392 line will operate at an increased frequency of every 20 minutes between Q2 Stadium and the Tech Ridge Transit Center, according to Capital Metro. The westernmost terminal for the MetroBus 392 line is located near Capital Metro’s Kramer Station on the Red Line.
- Capital Metro did state the Red Line is resuming Saturday services beginning May 29, meaning fans can take the train into the Kramer Station for certain games. The Red Line runs from Leander in Williamson County to a southern terminal in downtown Austin.
Q2 Stadium was designed with fewer than 1,000 parking spots at the stadium, meaning fans will likely have to use public transit or ride share options to get to the stadium.
The U.S. Women's National Team will debut the new North Austin stadium with an international friendly game against the Nigerian national women's team on June 16. Austin FC will play its first game at Q2 Stadium days later on June 19 after starting its inaugural season with eight games on the road.