Members of the GNBCC, the Small Business Week Committee and community members will gather in the parking lot behind the chamber building, located at 390 S. Seguin Ave., for the announcement.
After the winner is announced, participants will take part in a car parade from the chamber parking lot to the honoree’s business.
According to the chamber’s website, the award has been given since 1990 to honor the contributions of small-business people to the economy and progress of the New Braunfels trade area.
Business owners must meet the following criteria to be nominated for consideration:
- have owned their business for a minimum of five years;
- have been a member of the GNBCC for a minimum of five years;
- have been in the same business for a minimum of five years;
- have exhibited community involvement for a minimum of five years; and
- have employed fewer than 50 employees during the past five years.
Once nominations are received, the Small Business Week Committee will name a winner based on the individual’s success in operating their business and evidence of significant contributions to the community.