Georgetown ISD is partnering with Lone Star Circle of Care to open the center, which will operate in the building that houses Richarte High School and the Georgetown High School Annex at 2295 N. Austin Ave. According to the release, the center will be staffed by a board-certified nurse practitioner, a behavioral health provider and staff who can see visitors at the center for:
- Preventive health visits (well checks, immunizations, etc.)
- Sick visits
- Athletic physicals
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury
- Follow-up and potential referral for serious illness or injury
- Chronic illness management (diabetes, asthma, etc.)
- Lab services and diagnostic testing, including rapid strep tests and flu tests
- Medical screenings (blood pressure, hearing, vision, scoliosis, etc.)
- Nutritional health education and counseling
- Behavioral health counseling and referrals
The clinic accepts most insurance plans including Medicaid, Medicare and CHIP. If you do not have insurance, a sliding fee scale is available according to household size and income, the release said.
"The wellness center is accessible to any GISD student, any GISD staff member and immediate family members of district students and staff," the release said. "Consent forms must be completed to utilize the wellness center services. Student and campus staff consent forms may be returned to the campus nurse. Staff consent forms should be returned to Mindy Petty, GISD Lead nurse at 507 E. University Ave. or email@example.com."
The center's hours will be 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday on regular school business days, including teacher work days and summer break.