Versona, women's apparel and accessories store, coming to Georgetown this summer

Versona
Clothing boutique Versona will open June 25. (Courtesy Versona)

Versona will open a Georgetown location June 25 in the Wolf Ranch Town Center. The store will sell clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories at 1021 W. University Ave., Georgetown. www.shopversona.com
By Sally Grace Holtgrieve
Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019, and in addition, editor of Leander-Cedar Park in August 2020.

Williamson County added 54 confirmed cases of the coronavirus Sept. 18. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Williamson County adds 54 confirmed cases of coronavirus Sept. 18

As of Sept. 18, eight patients are hospitalized, four are in intensive care units and seven are on a ventilator.

"This season is a big, black box, and there are a lot of unknowns, as far as what the season's going to look like," said Dr. Bradley Berg, a BSW pediatrics doctor in Round Rock. (Courtesy Fotolia)
Baylor Scott & White Health to host 9 Austin-area drive-thru flu shot clinics

"This season is a big, black box, and there are a lot of unknowns, as far as what the season's going to look like," said Dr. Bradley Berg, a BSW pediatrics doctor in Round Rock.

Dr. Sam Rolon is a physician for Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group Creekside Family Medicine in The Woodlands. (Courtesy St. Luke's Health)
Q&A: St. Luke's physician shares advice on flu season, vaccine and prevention

The influenza vaccine is recommended for nearly all patients of all ages ahead of this year's flu season, Dr. Sam Rolon said.

student in mask
TEA launches statewide COVID-19 dashboard for public schools

The Texas Education Agency, in collaboration with the Texas Department of State Health Services, has launched its latest COVID-19 dashboard for positive cases in Texas public schools.

Williamson County added 35 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus and two new deaths Sept. 17. (Community Impact staff)
Williamson County adds 35 confirmed cases, 2 deaths to coronavirus count Sept. 17

Of the total cases reported, 8,187 are estimated to have recovered.

Austin City Limits Music Festival will present a free virtual broadcast from Oct. 9-11. (Jack Flagler/Community Impact Newspaper)
Free virtual broadcast of ACL Music Festival to be held Oct. 9-11 and more Central Texas news

Read the latest business and community news from the Austin area.

Georgetown and Williamson County saw 23% growth in residential sales dollars in August, data shows. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
DATA: Georgetown, Williamson County see 23% growth in residential sales dollars in August

Williamson County raked in more than $460 million in residential sales dollars in August.

Enrique Marin moved to the San Jose neighborhood in 1958 after he met and married Julia, who was raised there. (Sally Grace Holtgrieve/Community Impact Newspaper)
City looks at options to protect two historic Georgetown neighborhoods

City staff and officials began discussing the development of small neighborhood plans in June as a way to slow gentrification in the TRG and San Jose neighborhoods.

Gov. Greg Abbott said Sept. 17 that data from Texas' 22 hospital regions will dictate when certain businesses can reopen at 75% capacity. (Screenshot of Sept. 17 press conference)
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: Retail stores, restaurants, office buildings, gyms can reopen at 75% capacity as early as Sept. 21

Nursing home and long-term care facilities will also be allowed to reopen for visitation as early as Sept. 24.

Free COVID-19 testing is taking place in Hutto on Sept. 22-24. (Community Impact Newspaper staff)
Free COVID-19 testing taking place in Hutto on Sept. 22-24

The testing is open to all Texans regardless of county of residence.

The Gatlin Creek neighborhood is a short drive to Lake Georgetown. (Courtesy Century Communities, Inc.)
Georgetown real estate: Learn about the Gatlin Creek neighborhood

The Gatlin Creek neighborhood features single-family homes by Century Communities. The community is nestled in between native oak trees off of Williams Drive and offers a variety of outdoor activities while minutes away from the city life conveniences of shopping, restaurants and entertainment at Wolf Ranch and Georgetown’s beautiful Town Square.

Georgetown ISD's vulnerable kids see harsher impacts of COVID-19

Georgetown ISD, along with partners such as the Boys & Girls Club, has worked to minimize the pandemic’s impact on education, particularly for children who are economically disadvantaged.