Costco in process of opening Georgetown location

This rendering depicts the front of the Costco planned for Georgetown. (Courtesy city of Georgetown)

This rendering depicts the southeast perspective of the Costco planned for Georgetown. (Courtesy city of Georgetown)
This rendering depicts the northwest perspective of the Costco planned for Georgetown. (Courtesy city of Georgetown)
This map shows the tract of land on which the Costco is intended to be built. (Courtesy city of Georgetown)

Update – Nov. 12, 6:50 p.m.

Georgetown City Council approved an amendment to rezone a 34 acre tract of land at the northwest corner of Lakeway Drive and I-35 to the Costco Wholesale planned unit development.

The item was up for a public hearing and first reading at the Nov. 12 meeting and council approved it unanimously. "Once approved, Costco will then determine the development schedule and submit for the required development approvals in order to develop the member’s only retail warehouse project," city documents said.

Original story – Nov. 12, 12:00 p.m.

Costco is looking to develop a members-only retail warehouse in Georgetown, featuring an attached tire center, a liquor sales area and an optical exam area, according to a letter of intent from the retailer to the city of Georgetown.

“In addition, a freestanding, 24-fueling-position fueling facility will be developed on the project site,” the document said.

It also said the warehouse and fuel facility would employ about 200-250 people in both full- and part-time positions.

Upon council approval of the planned unit development, the project would be built on about 34 acres of land at the northwest corner of Lakeway Drive and I-35. There are a total of 753 parking spots designed for the overall site plan.

The item is up for a first reading by City Council on Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. Community Impact Newspaper will update this story after the first reading and as more information becomes available.
SHARE THIS STORY
By Sally Grace Holtgrieve

Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019.

The annual Red Poppy Festival on the Georgetown Square runs April 24-26. (Courtesy Georgetown Convention & Visitors Bureau)
Mark Chesnutt to headline 2020 Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown

Chesnutt’s top singles include “Brother Jukebox,” “I’ll Think of Something,” “It Sure is Monday” and “I Just Wanted You to Know.”

The Georgetown mayor is elected at-large and the council members are elected from single-member districts. This map shows the district breakdown in the city. (Courtesy city of Georgetown)
Candidates file to run for Georgetown mayor, City Council seats

The deadline to file for a place on the May 2 election ballot was Feb. 14.

Georgetown ISD
See who is running for Georgetown ISD school board

Four people have filed for two seats in the May 2 Georgetown ISD school board election.

Mickie Ross has served as the executive director of The Williamson Museum since 2010, according to a Feb. 14 news release. (Courtesy The Williamson Museum)
Executive Director Mickie Ross resigns from The Williamson Museum

Mickie Ross, executive director of The Williamson Museum since 2010, is stepping down from her role.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the first case of COVID-19 in San Antonio on Feb. 13. The case is the 15th known COVID-19, commonly referred to in recent weeks as coronavirus, infection in the United States so far. (Courtesy Adobe stock photos)
The first coronavirus case in Texas was just confirmed. Here is what Austinites need to know about the virus

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the first case of COVID-19 in San Antonio this morning, according to a news release from the federal agency.

Resource fair exhibitors and sponsors offer services and guidance in legal planning, caregiving, health, wellness, volunteering, active aging and more. (Courtesy Vibrant Living! A Senior Empowerment Event)
Second annual Vibrant Living! A Senior Empowerment Event expects about 450 attendees

A resource fair, workshops and informational sessions will be offered.

Registered Williamson County residents can cast ballots at any of the 18 early voting polling location in the county. (Beth Marshall/Community Impact Newspaper)
MAP: Early voting locations for the 2020 primaries in Williamson County

Early voting begins Feb. 18. Primary election day is March 3.

Williamson County
Commissioners allocate $2M of remaining capital improvement allotment for FY 2019-20

The county's capital improvement program budget had $3.3 million left to be allocated.

Heart of the Headwrap with Chesley Antoinette.
Celebrate Black History Month, Valentine's Day and more: 5 things to do in Georgetown, Feb. 13-15

Learn how to wrap a headwrap as part of the Black History Month events in Georgetown.

The distillery will be located on the site of the former City Council chambers. (Courtesy Hitch Hall)
Hitch Hall distillery to open on the Georgetown Square this fall

The distillery will make gin, vodka, whiskey and liqueurs on site and showcase them in craft cocktails sold in the adjacent tasting room.

GISD state of the district 2020
GALLERY: Students shine at annual Georgetown ISD State of the District

"Our job is to secure the future," Georgetown ISD Superintendent Fred Brent said.

Austin Regional Clinic Georgetown Wolf Crossing
Austin Regional Clinic opens Georgetown location Feb. 10

The clinic is located in the new Wolf Crossing development.

Back to top