The school district’s board of trustees unanimously approved a resolution March 28 that declared the intent to request proposals. The deadline to submit proposals is Dec. 14.
The RFP available online outlines the 10 properties available for sale, lease or other civic-minded proposals:
- Carruth Administration Center at 1111 W. 6th St.
- Allan Center at 4900 Gonzalez St.
- Baker Center at 3908 Avenue B
- Millett Opera House (aka Austin Club) at 110 E. 9th St.
- 9.318 acres of land south of Alpine Road, adjacent to AISD Central Warehouse
- 1.234 acres of land at Doris and Hathaway Drive
- 31.987 acres of land at the southwest corner of US Hwy 183 and Loyola
- 12 acres of land on East 51st Street, adjacent to AISD Service Center
- 7.96 acres of land at the southeast corner of Tannehill Lane and Jackie Robinson Street
- 12.496 acres of land at 4806 Trail West Drive
Developers, investors and organizations with community opportunities can submit proposals that would bring value to the district such as expanding academic offerings, bringing in revenue and increasing availability of affordable housing for families and staff.
AISD will host a pre-bid conference at 9 a.m. Oct. 18 that is open to all interested parties at the Allan Center cafeteria. Property tours will be scheduled beginning Oct. 20. AISD has hired Austin-based Southwest Strategies Group to handle the brokerage and marketing services for the properties.
Questions about the process can be sent to James Sessions at [email protected], according to AISD.
Ten Austin ISD-owned properties are on the market for sale, lease or other alternative, civic-minded proposals.[/caption]