Registered Travis County residents can cast a ballot at any one of the 14 early voting locations in the county. Voting centers are open Monday through Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Early voting ends Friday, Dec. 7.
Runoff elections in December include races for Austin City Council District 1, District 3 and District 8 representatives, the at-large Austin Community College Place 8 trustee and the at-large Austin ISD District 9 seat.
Texas voters are required to present one of seven specific forms of photo identification before they may cast their ballots. Voters must present one of the following forms of ID to vote:
1. Texas driver’s license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety
2. Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
3. Texas personal ID card issued by DPS
4. Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
5. U.S. military ID card containing the cardholder’s photograph
6. U.S. citizenship certificate containing the cardholder’s photograph
7. U.S. passport
Voters who cannot obtain one of the seven acceptable forms of photo ID due to a reasonable impediment may present a supporting form of identification and execute a Reasonable Impediment
Declaration, noting the voter’s reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo
identification and stating the voter is the same person as on the presented supporting form of identification.
Supporting forms of ID that can be presented for voters with a reasonable impediment are:
1. Valid voter registration certificate
2. Original certified birth certificate
3. Copy of or original current utility bill
4. Copy of or original bank statement
5. Copy of or original government check
6. Copy of or original paycheck
7. Copy of or original government document with voter’s name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)