See the latest new openings, coming soon announcements and anniversaries from East Austin.
1. Moontower Cider Company expanded to open a coffee shop inside its taproom at 1916 Tillery St., Austin, on Nov. 6. Cold brew and espresso drinks from the coffee bar are available Friday through Sunday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. 512-220-4087. www.moontowercider.com
2. The George Washington Carver Museum, Culture and Genealogy Center, located at 1165 Angelina St., Austin, celebrated its 40th anniversary Oct. 24. When it opened in 1980, the museum, which is dedicated to preserving the history, culture and art of Black people, was the first Black neighborhood museum in Texas, according to a press release from the city of Austin. 512-974-4926. www.austintexas.gov
3. Local architecture firm Dick Clark + Associates, 2120 E. Seventh St., Austin, named Kristopher White a partner Sept. 29. Recent projects from the firm, founded in 1979 by late architect Dick Clark, include the South Congress Hotel, Lonesome Dove Restaurant and Circle Brewing's taproom and brewhouse in Elgin. White joins Mark Vornberg, Kevin Gallaugher and Kim Power as partners. 512-472-4980. www.dcarch.com
4. Via 313 Pizza, which has a location at 1802 E. Sixth St., Austin, will expand to new locations outside of Texas after having announced a partnership with restaurant investment fund Savory in October. The exact amount of Savory's investment was not disclosed, but it comes from the company's $100 million fund. Via 313 started as a food truck on the corner of East Sixth and Waller streets. Brothers Brandon and Zane Hunt have since expanded to three brick-and-mortar locations and two trucks in Austin. www.via313.com
5. Independent classical radio station KMFA 89.5 relocated from its North Lamar Boulevard location of 43 years to 41 Navasota St., Austin, in October. KMFA’s new location is a two-story, 18,0000-square-foot facility funded by donations from 280 listeners and private supporters. Around $1.8 million is left to be raised. “The future possibilities of what the new space can offer our listeners is endless,” KMFA President and General Manager Ann Wilson said in a statement. 512-476-5632. www.kmfa.org