From family-friendly to 21 and older, there are plenty of events to celebrate Oktoberfest in the area. This list is noncomprehensive.
St. Elmo Brewing Company
The St. Elmo Brewing Company family will provide an Oktoberfest event featuring Austin Polka Band, a stein-hoisting contest, German food from Spicy Boys Fried Chicken and Oktoberfest beers. Those attending are encouraged to dress in costume.
- Sept. 23, noon-8 p.m.
- St. Elmo Brewing Company, 440 E. St. Elmo Road, Ste. G-2, Austin
Brewers at Vista Brewing will host an Oktoberfest party on their 21-acre ranch. Co-founder Karen Killough said those attending the family- and dog-friendly event will hear live music and have the chance to experience German-inspired food and drinks, a stein-hoisting contest, and playing German games such as hammerschlagen.
- Sept. 23, noon-6 p.m.
- Free (entry), $20 (stein-hoisting contest)
- Vista Brewing, 13551 FM 150, Driftwood
German Texans Heritage Society
A fundraiser for the German International School of Texas at Austin, the 2023 Austin Oktoberfest will be a family-friendly event with children-oriented activities and live music, including Yodel Blitz, Walburg Boys and Off the Grid throughout the day.
- Oct. 14, 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- $15 (13 and older), free (children)
- German Texans Heritage Society, 507 E. 10th St., Austin
Brewers at Austin Beerworks will offer an Oktoberfiesta celebration with festive music, food trucks and special beers on tap. Also during the event, a stein-hoisting contest and a costume contest will be offered for those attending.
- Oct. 28, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Austin Beerworks, 3001 Industrial Terrace, Austin
Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden
Owners of Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden will celebrate the beginning of Oktoberfest with the public in late September. The three-day festival will feature oompah bands, German games, food and beers.
- Sept. 28, 4-11 p.m.; Sept. 29-30, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden, 79 Rainey St., Austin
12 Fox Beer Co., Vibe Artisan Markets
The Vibe Artisan Markets team will pair up with 12 Fox Beer Co. to host a two-day Oktoberfest celebration with more than 50 artisans offering handmade wares each day. Also during the family- and dog-friendly festival, eventgoers can hear live music, try various food trucks and beers, and play Oktoberfest games.
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1, noon-5 p.m.
- 12 Fox Beer Co., 4700 W. Fitzhugh Road, Dripping Springs
- www.12foxbeerco.com, www.vibeartisanmarkets.com
Bluebonnet Beer Company
Owners of Bluebonnet Beer Company will provide a celebration geared toward those 21 and older to celebrate Oktoberfest with local food, beer, craft vendors, games and live music by the Czech Melody Masters. Those younger than 21 are welcome; however, they must be accompanied by an adult.
- Oct. 8, noon-6 p.m.
- $5 (21 and older)
- Bluebonnet Beer Company, 1700 Bryant Drive, Ste. 107, Round Rock