Starting Nov. 1, students and staff could receive free rapid antigen tests through a partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo, a company that has partnered with more than 1,000 schools in more than 15 states in the United States to get students tested, according to the company’s website.
Testing at Kiker Elementary School, Navarro Early College High School and Norman-Sims Elementary School would not be open Jan. 13 because of low rapid test supplies, according to the tweet.
Families can still visit one of the district’s eight other testing hubs from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, or they can get tested at the Burger Activity Center through Nomi Health. Students and staff testing at school campuses must fill out a consent form, as should those choosing the Burger testing center.
The eight active Austin ISD testing sites include those listed below.
- Travis Early College High School, 1211 E. Oltorf St., Austin
- Northeast Early College High School, 7104 Berkman Drive, Austin
- Akins High School, 10701 S. 1st St., Austin
- Pillow Elementary School, 3025 Crosscreek Drive, Austin
- Eastside Early College High School, 900 Thompson St., Austin
- Cunningham Elementary School, 2200 Berkeley Ave., Austin
- Blazier Intermediate School, 8801 Vertex Blvd., Austin
- McCallum High School, 5600 Sunshine Drive, Austin