Community Impact Newspaper is regularly contacting Cedar Park and Leander businesses and restaurants to learn the latest updates on how they are managing as more calls for social distancing are made at the regional, state and federal levels. The latest updates can be found below, or find out if your favorite business or restaurant is still open using the above map.
Readers and business owners can share updates with the Cedar Park-Leander editorial team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 512-989-6808.
Update: 1:40 p.m. March 17
The vast majority of Cedar Park and Leander stores that were contacted are staying open "for now." Some businesses have closed their storefronts, urging customers to first contact them by phone, internet or email. Some businesses are meeting customers in the parking lot of their stores to transfer goods. Here are some updates as of 1 p.m. March 17:
- Beau Kisses is offering curbside pickup in Cedar Park.
- Honey and Hay in Cedar Park has closed until further notice. It is currently try to get an online store operational.
- Patchouli Joe's Books & Indulgences in Leander is allowing a maximum of 10 customers into the store.
- Hill Country Water Gardens & Nursery in Cedar Park is maintaining regular hours. It is an open-air business, so customers do not need to touch door handles.
- Vintage Fresh on RM 620 remains open, but online orders have increased.
Original Post 8:45 a.m. March 17
Most restaurants throughout Cedar Park and Leander remain open, instead opting to reduce hours change takeout policies and increase sanitization standards. As of 5 p.m March 16, this is how several businesses are reacting so far:
- Sharks Burger in Leander reports on March 16 having "a good lunch crowd today."
- Dine-in and to-go options available at Wok Express in Cedar Park, as of March 16, but the restaurant prefers to-go orders only.
- Louisiana Crab Shack in Cedar Park is limiting its restaurant to no more than 50 diners at a time, and Local Slice in Cedar Park is also among the many restaurants limiting dine-in customers.
- Other restaurants such as Southern's Pizza & Sports Pub are only taking call-ahead orders, curbside pick-up orders and delivery orders through Uber Eats and Favor, as of March 17.
- As of March 14, Cedro Scratch Italian & Wine Bar in Lakeline Market started providing delivery and curbside service. Orders can be placed on the website.
- Blue Corn Harvest in Cedar Park as of March 16 changed its closing time to 8:30 p.m. The Cedar Park location of Chuy's also reduced its hours as of March 16 to close at 9 p.m.
- Other businesses, such as Cielito Lindo Mexican Cuisine, are keeping the same hours, maintaining dine-in service and establishing delivery and curbside pickup. Cielto is also debuting new offerings such as family-style meals that can be packaged as to-go orders (as of March 16).
- Many restaurants also report increased sanitization efforts and a more stringent cleaning schedule, including Serrano's in Lakeline and Casamigos Tex-Mex in Leander.