The Texas Department of Transportation and the Harris County Toll Road Authority have suspended most highway lane closures over the holiday weekend. However, several major closures are set to go into effect next week between Monday, Nov. 27, and Friday, Dec. 1.
1. The eastbound connector ramp from the South Loop to I-45 South will remain closed through 3 p.m. Dec. 31.
2. Two outside northbound lanes between Cullen Boulevard and Hwy. 59 South will be closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 29, through 5 a.m. Friday, Dec. 1.
3. The eastbound connector ramp to Loop 610 West will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. Monday Nov. 27, through 5 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28. Drivers can detour at the Washington/Westcott exit and turn back to I-10 westbound to reach Loop 610.
4. Westbound lanes from I-45 North to Houston Avenue will be closed nightly from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. from Thursday, Nov. 30, to Friday, Dec. 1. Drivers can detour to I-45 northbound and take Loop 610 westbound back to I-10.
5. Hwy. 288 northbound from Bellfort Street to Loop 610 South will be totally closed nightly from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. from Tuesday, Nov. 28, through Friday, Dec. 1. Drivers can detour by taking the Loop 610 eastbound ramp, exit at Scott Street, U-turn, enter to Loop 610 westbound and take the ramp to Hwy. 288 northbound.