Sam Harless announces campaign for Texas House District 126 in northwest Harris County

Sam Harless announced Nov. 10 that he would seek the Republican nomination for state representative of Texas House District 126 in the March 2018 primary.

The seat is currently held by Rep. Kevin Roberts, who announced last week that he will be running for U.S. Congressional District 2 in 2018, a seat occupied by the retiring U.S. Congressman Ted Poe.

Harless, a small business owner, co-owns Fred Fincher Motors with his wife Patricia, who served as state representative of District 126 from 2006-16.

“I love our community and want it to continue to prosper,” Harless said in a statement. “Outside interests continue to buy into local elections without any concern for the needs of the district. I cannot sit on the sidelines and let that happen to the community where we own and operate a business as well as raised our family.”

Harless has lived in northwest Harris County for 41 years. He is a Spring High School graduate and a member of Champion Forest Baptist Church, according to a press release. He serves on the Harris County Constable Precinct 4 Advisory Board, the Harris County Sheriff Advisory Board and several trade associations and chambers of commerce.

“The constituents of District 126 expect an effective common sense leader that can deliver results,” he said. “We want strong public schools, a safe environment to work and raise a family, and free market principles to encourage job growth and a robust economy. I will work tirelessly to represent the interests of District 126.”

Roberts was elected to District 126 in November 2016, defeating his Democratic challenger Joy Dawson-Thomas with 59 percent of the vote.
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.